This workshop will introduce the learner to new ways of thinking about communication techniques in dementia care. The learner will:
- explore communication strategies that can be used for any and all stages of dementia
- explore how to use the DementiAbility WOW Model for communication exchanges
- develop a better understanding of how to open up the lines of communication using tools that have been set up for success
- discover how to ask questions that aim to keep the lines of communication open
- engage in interactive exercises that will provide opportunities to put these ideas into practice
This workshop provides an opportunity to experience communication concepts first-hand. While you may be familiar with some of basic communication concepts, you will understand these concepts differently when engaged in the exercises that unfold in this workshop. This is a workshop you won’t want to miss.
There are no reviews yet.