Our website address is: https://dementiability.com.
Last Updated: June 29, 2021
1. CUSTOMER PRIVACY STATEMENT
DementiAbility Enterprises Inc. (“DEI”) knows that you care about how Personal Information (as defined in section 3(2)) is used and shared. This notice describes how we treat that information. We are committed to the important goal of protecting privacy and personally identifiable information. This privacy notice is applicable to any and all services provided by DEI including our software as a service for the Words and Wisdom software (the “SaaS”). By visiting and using the SaaS, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement.
2. OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
(1) DEI is committed to controlling the storage, use and disclosure of the Personal Information (as defined in section 3(2)) provided by its customers.
3. WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION AND PERSONAL HEALTH INFORMATION?
(1) “Personal Information” is personally identifiable information such as a name, residential address, e-mail address, credit card particulars, mailing and billing information.
(2) Personal Information is stored by DEI only when you specifically and knowingly choose to provide it to us such as when you input or upload information through the SaaS. When users of our SaaS provide Personal Information through our SaaS they are confirming that they have the consent of the person to whom the Personal Information belongs and rights to use it with the SaaS.
(3) Any information that is publicly available or displayed, which may include a public directory listing of a name, address, telephone number and electronic address, is not considered Personal Information.
4. STORAGE AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
(1) DEI stores and uses Personal Information only when you provide such information to us and when you transmit such information into and by way of the SaaS. DEI stores and uses Personal Information for the purpose of permitting you to use our SaaS in accordance with our SaaS agreement and, so long as you have requested it, for the purpose of providing you with information about any other product or service offerings we may have in the future. By requesting that we store, or by providing to us, Personal Information via the SaaS, you are consenting to our storage and use of such Personal Information in accordance with the SaaS agreement. Personal Information will not be used for any other purpose without your consent.
(2) We may also receive non-personally identifiable information (e.g. functions and features of the SaaS that have been used, etc.) from your interaction with our SaaS.
(3) Our SaaS has certain limits on the amount and type of information you may submit to it.
(4) DEI will not sell, lease or trade Personal Information to other third parties.
(5) Anonymous or information that is not Personal Information gathered by DEI through our SaaS may be used for technical, research and analytical purposes and may be published.
(6) DEI will only ask for information about you that we need and will only ask for it when we need it. When we ask you for the information, we will explain to you why we need it and what we are going to do with it.
(7) Personal Information is stored on servers and computers located inside and outside of Canada, which are managed by companies that meet the security requirements for DEI and its customers.
DEI shall not disclose Personal Information except: (i) as may be required to provide the SaaS; (ii) as you may direct; (iii) via the SaaS as a result of your actions; and (iv) as the law may require.
(1) DEI uses a browser feature called a cookie to collect information anonymously and track user patterns on our websites. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard disk by a website. “Cookies” contain a unique identification number that identifies your browser, but not you, to our computers each time you visit our website. Cookies tell us which pages of our website are visited and by how many people.
DEI will try to ensure that any information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, please inform DEI of any change in the information. In the event you have questions about the accuracy of factual information we store, you will have access to that information in order to verify and update it. If we have disclosed inaccurate information about you to a third party, we will be pleased to contact the third party in order to correct the information.
(1) DEI may permit you to access the Personal Information in those circumstances permitted or required by applicable privacy legislation. If DEI refuses access to you, it will provide you with the reasons for its refusal upon request. Exceptions may include information that contains references to other individuals, information that cannot be disclosed for legal, security or commercial proprietary reasons, and information that is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege. DEI will respond to your requests for access in accordance with applicable privacy legislation.
10. QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
(2) DEI has procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about its handling of Personal Information. They will describe the complaint procedures to anyone who makes inquiries or lodges complaints.
(3) If you are not satisfied with the response from us after making a complaint, you may have recourse to additional remedies under applicable privacy legislation. For further information, please contact the federal Privacy Commissioner or your provincial Privacy Commissioner, as applicable.
(1) The foregoing policies are effective as of the “Last Update” date stated above. DEI reserves the right to change this policy at any time with reasonable notice to users posted on the website of the existence of a new Privacy Statement. This statement and the policies outlined here are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any party.